- Get 90 DAYS FREE of Amazon Music Unlimited with purchase of an eligible product. Listen FREE for 90 days. Learn more here.
TaoTronics Active Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Over Ear Headset Foldable Earphones with Powerful Bass (Dual 40 mm Drivers，45 Hour Playtime, CVC 6.0 Noise-Cancelling Built-in Mic)
- A Personal Oasis of Quiet: Enjoy your music with minimal, or no distraction, when you turn on the active noise cancellation (ANC) switch.
- Feel the Beat: Expect aggressive bass with balanced mid-levels and bright highs with our dual large-aperture drivers.
- Long-Lasting Music Playback: With a generous battery life of up to 45 hours, you can enjoy beautiful music longer or plug in the included audio cable when the battery is low.
- Hassle-Free Clear Calls: Built-in CVC 6.0 noise-cancelling microphone for clearer call quality, even in a loud environment.
- Adjustable Fit, Maximum Comfort: With 90° swiveling ear cups, super soft protein ear pads, and ergonomic headband, the materials used ensure minimum weight and maximum comfort for long term wear. These headphones are foldable and come with a carrying case.
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
|Active Noise Cancellation||Feedback ANC Technology||Feedback ANC Technology||Upgraded Hybrid ANC Technology||Feedback ANC Technology|
|Bluetooth Standard||V 4.2||V 5.0||V 4.2||V 5.0|
|Microphone||CVC 6.0 Noise-Cancelling Microphone||CVC 6.0 Noise-Cancelling Microphone||CVC 6.0 Noise-Cancelling Microphone||CVC 8.0 Noise-Cancelling Microphone|
|Playing Time||45 Hours||30 Hours||30 Hours||40 Hours|
|Fast Charging Function||✓||✓||✓|
|Additional Features||Over Ear, Lightweight, Foldable & Rotatable Design||Over Ear, Foldable & Rotatable Design||Over Ear & Rotatable Design||APTX, Over Ear, Lightweight,Foldable & Rotatable Design|
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Review this product
Read reviews that mention
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- The Bluetooth connects easily every time and stays connected with no drop-outs
- The battery life is fantastic. I use them a lot and I recharge them every day or two because I don't want them to run flat, although there's never been any indication that they're getting close to going flat. I have no idea how long it would take them to run right down but suffice to say that you can run them for hours and hours (days?) with no problems and they recharge fast
- They are very comfortable. I normally have trouble with headphones getting uncomfortable on my ears after a while but the material on the part that sits around your ears is very soft and I've worn these continuously for hours without problems
- The sound is good for the price. I'm no audiophile but I like things to sound nice, and both TV/movies and music sound good to me through these. Several times while watching TV I've turned around because I thought there was a noise beside/behind me only to find it was actually on the soundtrack of the movie, ie: it "throws" the sound rather than just feeling like it's right in your ears (not sure how to describe this but hopefully it makes sense!). I'm sure you could spend five times as much and get a better sound but for the price I think the sound is great. Strangely the sound quality over Bluetooth seems to degrade a lot if noise cancellation is switched off so I keep this on all the time.
- As I travel a lot I like the fact that they fold up neatly into a nice compact carry case that includes a pocket for the cables.
- I like using them doing boring chores like washing dishes and vacuuming etc., and they are good in that 1) they don't slip forward off your head when you tilt your head forward, ie they are a fairly snug fit and 2) they have a good range on the Bluetooth, so you can go from room to room without them dropping out
- As others have said, the noise cancellation is pretty good but not incredible. It probably blocks out 50% of noise on average, best with low-pitched noise, not so good with higher pitches. I've used them in a small apartment with a washing machine, dryer and dishwasher all going at once and with the ANC switched on and the volume at medium level I could just hear the noise in the background but it was hardly noticeable. If the volume on the soundtrack drops, you hear the background noise more. I also tried them while the neighbours were playing deafening music along with an incessantly barking dog and it helped. As others have said, there's a slight sense of pressure in the ears with the ANC switched on - I got used to this quickly and don't notice it any more. Again, you could spend five times as much and get better ANC, but for the price, these are pretty good.
- I've used them for phone calls and they worked well
- Finally, I got an email from the seller a couple of weeks after I received them to check I was happy with them and they were working well. I'm not sure I can remember the last time someone got in touch with me to check I was happy after they had already got my money.
Bottom line - if you're an audiophile who needs the best sound or you need the best noise cancellation that money can buy, then you'll probably want to spend a lot more and get the absolute best. If you're in the other 99% of people, and you want a really nice pair of comfortable Bluetooth headphones with good noise cancellation at a good price, then I think you'll be really happy with these.
1. Above average sound quality for the price,
2. comfort wearing experience, inbuilt microphone that allows you to talk while listening to music,
3. Bluetooth can connect to multiple devices simultaneously.
1. No instructions re how to operate the buttons
2. White noise in the background when NC is on which is annoy when in a rather quite place (if NC is your main concern think again before pull the trigger)
All in all good value for money, especially when bought it with a discount code.
Edit: Got contacted by their support person and they were very helpful. It turned out the white noise/ buzz sounds when NC is on was because it was a defected unit, they helped me got the pair replaced with a new one and it is now working perfectly.
Battery life - second to none, 22hrs is understated - or they tested at max volume... you're probably looking at 25-30hrs. just awesome.
Support: i was contacted a few days after buying, explained the issues (below) & got another set of headphones as they were 'faulty'. Really superb customer support.
Build quality is great - no issues, nothing feels cheap
Comfort - superb, really really good on your ears & head, can easily wear for 20+ hours
Sound - really really good... i've got no issues using these instead of my bose & are VERY happy with the sound quality.
Setup/connecting - all 100%, easy & quick
- when connecting via bluetooth the volume is really, REALLY low. 100% bluetooth volume = 40% cable volume. Not sure why, but in a *really* noisy environment it may cause an issue.
- hum/white noise - seems others have this too. When plugging into some devices you get a constant hum/buzz, it didnt happen on a qantas flight, but did on a virgin flight. Happens on my TV downstairs, but not my phone. There appears to be an issue with the electronics. This is only annoying when you're listening to something via a cable & its quiet. i.e. a quiet scene in a movie.
Overall - even with the defects i'm a happy customer, for the price they cant be beaten & service is great.
I used Boss QC25 before mostly during my business trips. Compared to QC25, the noise canlcelling function has some limitations in Taotronics.
But, the reason I recommend this product -
Good Blutooth connection
Long battery life
Dedent sound quality with noise cancelling on
Come with a good pouch
And comfy in my sensitive ears (but a bit warm after using for around 40 mins)
Most of all, the price is amazing. I purchaed it at Aud 63. Great!
Top international reviews
Construction: feels solid, takes all of its design cues from Bose. There's a weird smell of cigarette Ash on the leather components of it! I guess it would go away with time.
Sound: Very impressive given the price. Note that it sounds best with ANC on! With ANC off, it sounds very muffled! Otherwise, crisp and clear even at max volume.
Bass: Not gonna blow you away but it is good for everyday listening.
ANC: Works, not as well as Bose but would say middle road. If Bose gets 10, no headphones is 0, these would rate at a 6 (I took it to a local store and compared to many, it came close to mid range brand name ones but does not come close to Bose). Also note that there is a very faint hissing noise with ANC on and no music. Still it manages to block some low frequency repetitive noise. Not gonna block people's voices or high pitched noise.
Battery: Very impressive, didn't have to charge them for more than 15 hours now and it shows 30% left
BT: connects well, quick pairing with an impressive range. No connection issues!
Pros: Price, Quality, Battery, BT, decent bass
Cons: Smells like cigarette Ash, Hissing noise on ANC and no music
Final thoughts: If the primary goal is Noise cancelling, maybe these are not the best option. If you are looking for decent wireless headphones that feel solid and stable, go for these!
I got them a few days before Christmas, and so far I'm happy with my purchase. My main use is for transit in subway and at work to help me get in the zone.
They are really comfortable, noise cancellation works well especially with fan noises and such, not so great with other types of sounds but it was expected. I don't think the sound is has bad as motioned in some review when NC is off.
Overall the sound is good, probably not the best, but good enough for me. With some songs on Spotify I have found some distortion on some bass sounds, but it might be an issue with my phone, it can also be solved with an equalizer .
Bluetooth range is impressive, much more than my other (cheap) bluetooth headphones and my Bose Soundlink (first version). Battery life is probably less than announced but it can definitly last multiple days without charging. As I saw in other review, I once forgot to turn off the noise cancellation during night and the battery was almost dead next day. But it's just a matter of getting used to it and its gonna be an habit to turn it off.
Not ideal for sport (I used them on a spinning bike) since they get uncomfortable with the sweat, but it's probably the case for all over-ear headphones. They fold well, once folded they can fit in a large coat pocket.
I like the capability of using a standard wire to connect the headphone to a non-bluetooth device.
I did some calls with the headphones and I the communication was clear even when outside. The calls with noise cancellation turned on were a lot better.
Two of my workmates are getting the same headphones after having tried mine!
--- update May 25th 2018 ---
At work we are now 5 with the same headphones! They should offer different colors so we can differentiate :-). The headphones are really good to listen to music or podcast in transit and works well in an open space work environment when you want to create your bubble. Also work well in the plane, thanks to ANC. One of my coworker has tested both these and the Bose's ANC headphones, he mentionned that the Bose were slightly better in terms of noise cancelling, but it was not worthing the extra 200-300$.
When they arrived, they came in nice packaging. What I love about this is that it comes with a hard shell travel case and not just a cloth bag. As you would expect, a USB charging cable and audio cord is supplied. These are wireless headphones but can be used as wired if you prefer.
I had no problems pairing them with my iPhone via bluetooth. Very simple to use. I did not even open the instructions that comes with it.
I have had these for about a month now and and I am very satisfied with my purchase. The HVAC in my office is fairly loud but I had no idea how loud it was until I got these. I would put them on for a short time and when I took them off, I am constantly amazed at how well these headphone can block out the humming noises from the vents. I am still able to hear the conversations around me but much softer.
The build of these are pretty good. As mentioned, it comes with a hard shell case which helps protect these headphones. The feel is comfortable and I have not had any problems with tightness of the headphones.
The audio quality is very good. I was impressed with the sound quality but they are not comparable to some of the high end audio headphones that cost 4 or more times as much.
Battery life seems good but I have not tested them to see how long they last. I usually plug them in each night before I leave the office.
Overall, very happy with my purchase of these headphone. I would like to try some other of TaoTronics products since this first experience was a pleasant one.
Surprisingly it was better than I expected, but worse than I'd hoped.
To make it short, here's a list of pros and cons (for me, so subjectively):
Nice feel of plastic and steel
It does its job; the noise cancelling function works
It actually wraps around my ears!
Not big enough (partly my fault: I have a big head), just barely goes around my head once I pulled the ear cuffs out to their full extent
I don't listen to bass-intense music, so the volume's pretty lacking (I have to crank the volume on my phone to about 3/4 of the way)
Can't use bluetooth while charging
I ordered this because I didn't want to spend a ton of money on Bose or any other headphones in the $100+ price range, but I thought I was getting cheap stuff and that I would sacrifice a lot of quality. Overall I'm very impressed, but saying that there are some things you should know. If you are someone looking to buy I'm sure you've seen many reviews like this so I want to make a few things clear.
a) These are GREAT as wireless headphones but DO NOT buy them spacificly for the noise cancelling feature (This isn't really a complaint as I wouldn't mind if this feature wasn't there at all) I wouldn't go a star as to say its a miserable failure and it doesn't really do harm, but it just isn't really effective. Its there, it works, but I found there too be almost no difference then when you just higher the volume. Its aimed to eliminate constant background noise, and it does do that, just its nothing you can't do by raising the volume. Bear in mind that I didn't test it on an airplane or anything, just in the house with things like the washer and the computer in the background. The ANC does make my listening expense more enjoyable overall, but it does slightly change the accuracy of the audio file (but its not really noticeable).
b) The build quality is EXCEPTIONAL!!! I would never guess they are so cheap from just trying them on. They are very comfortable, and adjust very well to my ears and head shape (because of the twisting ear cups and bendable top band) The only small flaw I could find was the adjusting the band size was a bit of a pain, it doesn't work smoothly. I didn't mind until my siblings wanted to try them on and I had to adjust it between each of them. Again this isn't a big issue at all, its a very minor flaw that Im just sharing because you might want to know.
c) Im no music connoisseur or anything but as a simple person who notices stuff, I can tell you that the audio quality is great! I honestly couldn't really tell the difference between Bose and anything else thats decent but it sounds fantastic to me!
d) another minor complaint, these do get a bit sweaty when wearing them for a long time. Its kind of not their fault (by their I mean Taotronics) because the greatness of these headphones is that they make a seal around your ears to block out as much outside send as possible, even without having to add in noise cancellation (thats why I don't really care if it wouldn't have anc, even when its off the headphones themselves block out outside sound) The downside of that combined with the comftoablity of them, is that it will be sweaty. I don't really mind that much but there might be someone who would.
e) I haven't had a ton of time to test the battery life, but so far so good.
f) Theres a play pause (the most used button for me) the higher and lower volume buttons, and the anc switch not the other side, all the buttons work well, it takes time to get used to their placements, but you get it soon enough. And its also great that you can feel the buttons. I wish they would have included a skip button, but I can manage without one.
g) I haven't tried calling or using the mic just yet, but I gather from other reviews that its great (don't trust me on that one)
h) the included aux cable thing is a blessing and works amazing, its great to have as a backup in case they ever run out of juice in travel (probably because I forgot to charge them the night before - not that they need charging every night just if they happen to run out right before a trip and I forget, then I always have a backup.
Yes, I am a person like you (hopefully) and not a robot. I bought this item because I needed headphones and wanted to give these a try and I love them!
Hope you enjoyed my review and found it helpful. :)
- connected to my laptop and iPhone with no issues
- make a phone call and they switched from laptop to phone and back smoothly
- with ANC on the sound is really good. Good bass, not muddy at all
- construction is good. They don't feel cheap and the materials seem good
- hard case is a bonus
Really happy with them so far. I've only had them a couple hours so things may change, but for now, I'd definitely recommend these as a more affordable alternative headphone.
They are very comfortable to wear, although they can clamp a little bit too much if you don't make sure they are loose enough on the headband. Build quality feels sturdy, mostly plastic, but with metal on moving parts.
A voice assistant button would be nice to have, but I cannot complain. You get used to the button locations after a couple times using them, so no complaints there either.
All around excellent purchase, probably the best you can buy before getting into the higher end Sony or Bose headphones.
Just after I ordered I Found out many of the reviews for this were incentivized with free products. Yikes. There's youtube videos on this topic. I get product promotion but wtf taotronics.
Definitely comfortable and fits around my larger than average ears. i could wear it for a few hours and not get sore.
I'm no expert but its sound left me wanting more - below 70% volume its an unexciting sound. I will say its well balanced though. Keeping the ANC on actually improves sound quality.
Out of the box, you get a few standard things: the headphones, a carrying case (which is pretty nice), an audio cable going from a 3.5mm head to the headphones, a microUSB charging cable, and some reading material. I'll touch upon a few points as my basis of this review.
Build quality: The construction of these are pretty decent. The earcups are surprisingly soft, as well as the headband. A metal band runs through the headphones, so they should be quite strong to bending and stretching (although I haven't tested that). The rest of the headphones are just plastic and doesn't feel premium (compared to the Bose QCII), but for a small fraction of the price you can't complain.
Function/BT: There is a 3.5mm jack on the left cup to plug into your phone if you don't want to use Bluetooth. There's a power switch, as well as Volume Up/Down and Play/Pause buttons. They're quite clicky, so that's a plus. The audio cable has 3.5mm heads on both ends (unlike the Bose QCII), and is straight on one end and L-shaped on the other. The Bluetooth with these headphones also work perfectly fine with both my iPhone and other Android phones. The connectivity range is decent as well, I was hitting around 25-35 feet before the signal was getting weak.
Sound: The sound on these headphones is great. No super-heavy bass, and overall pretty even in my opinion. Not the greatest sounding headphones clearly, but again, for the price, I'll take it. Noise cancelling also works but unlike the Bose, you can't selectively turn it on or off. When the headphones are on, the NC is on. It is active noise cancelling, but it won't isolate you completely. It works well enough that it's a nice feature for such cheap headphones.
Others: The battery life is great!! Over 20 hours on a single charge, and will charge to full in under two hours. Also, when your battery runs out, you can just plug in the audio cable to continue listening. You can even charge the headphones while listening which is a great feature in my opinion (and surprising)!
Overall in comparison to my Bose QCII, these are a spectacular deal. There are a few features that the Bose don't even have!. the only downsides are the build quality and "premium" feel, as these seem to be cheaper to produce, but that's explained by the price tag. For $65 these are a clear YES if you are looking to get into the noise cancelling Bluetooth headphone field.