- Free expedited shipping on products sold by Amazon AU when you purchase select books. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $9.44 delivery
Tractive GPS Tracker for Dogs, Black
- SUBSCRIPTION PLAN NEEDED – starting at only A$ 5.83 / month with different subscription plans available. Similar to your cellphone, this low fee ensures you the best cellular service possible with an integrated SIM card.
- TRACTIVE Dog GPS Tracker – Lightweight & waterproof GPS tracking device, recommended for pets above 4.5 kg (9 pounds). For safe dogs the robust GPS pet finder easily attaches to any collar or harness.
- LIVE TRACKING with your Tractive dog finder – Pinpoint the real-time location of your furry friend when it matters most and share it with family and friends. The full location history of your pet is just one of many special features.
- SAFE ZONE = SAFE DOG – define a safe area with the Virtual Fence feature & get an instant notification if your pet leaves the area. Dog tracking has never been easier.
- WORLDWIDE LOCATION TRACKING – Use your Tractive GPS dog collar attachment in over 150 countries; manage all features and access your pet’s location via the free Tractive GPS app or in any browser. Tractive has no range limitation unlike many other bluetooth GPS finders.
- RECHARGEABLE BATTERY – the Dog GPS tracker recharges in only 2 hours with a battery life of 2-5 days.
Special offers and product promotions
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Tractive GPS Tracker for Dogs allows you to keep tabs on your dog's location by showing their exact location via the free Tractive GPS app. You can also view your doggy's activity information and see how much they are moving throughout the day so that you can stay on top of their health and fitness. Always know the exact location of your furry friend whenever and wherever. In LIVE Tracking mode, the location of your dog updates every 2-3 seconds. It records the daily activity of your four-legged friend and provides you with useful information to help keep your dog healthy and active. You can also set activity goals for your dog. The tracker is shaped to comfortably fit your dog’s neck without disturbing his movements. The flexible rubber clip adapts to the different sizes and widths of collars while the mount snaps the tracker into place. By pressing the 2 middle buttons found on the top and the bottom of the tracker, you can open the tracker to charge. Recommended for dogs above 4kg (8.8 pounds).
From the manufacturer
Tractive uses GPS and communicates through cell phone towers, which enable you to track your pet 24/7. Since using the cell phone towers and infrastructure has costs associated with it, a small monthly or annual fee has to be charged by Tractive. You can stop and restart the service anytime, and we don't charge any activation or other hidden fees.
The service fee is a flat fee. Tractive offers different service options. More information can be found on the website of Tractive!
Tractive GPS 3G
The Tractive GPS 3G tracking device for pets and other animals will always let you know where your pet is.
Check the location of your furry friend in any browser or on your smartphone. The position of the animal is displayed on a digital map. The real time GPS Pet tracker is waterproof, recommended for all pets over 4.5 kg (9 pounds) and can be easily and safely attached to the collar and support now 3G.
Tractive can only be used in conjunction with a subscription.
- Live Tracking
- Virtual Fence
- Robust and Waterproof
- Global Coverage
- Location History
Never lose your dog again
The Live Tracking feature enables you in real time to see where your pet is currently located. The position is updated every 2-3 seconds and displayed on the map in the app or on the Internet.
You want to know when your pet runs away? By using the Tractive Virtual Fence you will be immediately notified on your smartphone when your pet leaves a predetermined area.
Tractive not only shows you where your pet is currently. The history also shows you where your dog or cat was before.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
My dog likes to play with other dogs, and it only takes a paw or a tooth of another dog to get in under the clasp while they're playing, and it comes apart.
I also live in an area of the world where dogs get stolen quite regularly, and a thief would be able to get the tracker off in seconds.
I would have liked it to be more securely fastened.
It’s accuracy is spot on and now I know where my dog is all the time through using the virtual fence. It is fantastic and I highly recommend it to all people who have dogs.
It’s a worthwhile investment.
Top international reviews
(1) The clip looks really weak and needs a better design.
(2) The charger on the unit isn't microUSB but some proprietary awkward clip with contacts. You would think that if it's their design, they could at least make it work when the tractive is still on the clip and pet collar; however, all of it has to be dismantled to charge.
(3) No WiFi, only GPS and celluar. Addtion of wifi would improve geofencing for a cat, for example, that stays close to the house.
(4) The GPS is poor. Often the cat is shown 30 feet away from the house a street over when it's standing at the front door. I live within sight of a cell phone tower in a large city. I would have thought it would be better. The tractive will only be good when the cat gets really far from the house and I need the GPS and the light/sound the unit can make to find the wayward animal.
(5) As I am locked into a 1 year cellular contract and there aren't really any other options, I will use the Tractive for this year and wait for a really innovative product to come along.
(1) the app works well
(2) battery life seems good
So the great things about this product:
1. It does what it says it does, it tracks your pet by using a 3G Network and gives you a live location of where your pet is at.
2. The plans it offers are very decent, with it also includes a separate warranty that if somehow the device gets lost, stolen or destroyed the company will offer to replace it, but that's only if you buy their warranty for the device.
3. You can track your pet by either using your home/public wifi or mobile data.
4. The device itself doesn't fall off easy and it does take quite some effort to take off.
5. It comes with a unique charger and 2 different clips for both dogs and cats.
6. Displays your location and your cats location simultaneously.
7. Has some unique features not seen in other tracking devices.
8. Durable: I have not tested it in water but it is durable enough to take some hard knocks.
Now these all sound good, but it comes with its own share of problems, some my own nitpicks others are issues that need to be fixed.
1. The price Tag: 100$ CAD is not bad for the device itself considering what it does but the prices for the plans and warranty themselves are left to be desired. I went with the premium version because of what it does for and my pet and I bought the warranty for the device. Altogether it cost me an additional 230$CAD which is a staggering amount if you want a warranty and a 2 year plan but I'll let you the reader decide wether that's too steep of a price for premium+ warranty but at least there are cheaper plans for you to pick up.
2. The tracking: when it tracks, it tracks well with amazing accuracy, but other times you have to continuously click the live button because it tracks your cat for a full minute until it decides to disconnect having you to reconnect again, and it does this constantly.
3. This is a nitpick but I found the device too large for my cat and I can only imagine the discomfort it has on him when he tries to nap, at least he manages to cope with it and is able to sleep with it on.
4. The charger: another nitpick of mine, the charger works perfectly fine but it's not a very ergonomically designed charger having a clamp based design rather than the standard USB port we are all used to seeing on most modern devices, meaning that if you lose your charger you will have to go out of your way to purchase a replacement. It would've been better off it the charging port was today's standard charging port so it wouldn't be such a hassle to find a replacement charger.
5. The brackets themselves: it would've been better if the brackets are adjustable themselves rather than 2 different sizes one size for cats and one size for dogs. It seems that they didn't take into account that each collar a pet wears has different thicknesses and I'm only just lucky that my cat has a thin layer on his collar where I can properly attach the device but other people may need to go back shopping to buy a collar that can have the device attached to it.
6. Battery does not last as long as advertised: the advertisement stated the it can stay on for 3 days and just after 48 hours the battery went from full to just a measly 20% meaning that you need to charge it every couple of days if left on for continuous amounts of time.
But despite the ups and downs of the product I am satisfied with it and I'll leave it up to you to decide if it's worth your investment but if you want to hear it from me I'd advise that you go look at other tracking products before considering buying this one. But if you do decide to buy it, it isn't too bad if a purchase but I would still advise that you look at other products before buying this one.
Update: my cat got caught by one of my neighbor's cat traps (the ones that are meant to capture) after I realized that it was strange that he had been in the same area for a couple of hours I decided to head over to his location regardless wether or not I was trespassing and sure enough I found him in the cage and rescued him. If it wasn't for the tracker he had on his collar I wouldn't have found him.
EXCELLENT VALUE !!!
The best feature is the hybrid screen showing satellite topography, my location and the dog's, found under settings. A must have for forested areas without landmarks. The company does not promote this feature on their website, I found it after viewing settings, a definite plus!!!
After 5 years of GPS trackers, and 3 different brands, aside from the trivia, I found Tractive has an amazing feature that works well - the Live Tracker is the best. Accuracy...? I can actually tell when my 20 lb cat is actually coming around the corner. There is a red line showing on your screen that is actively moving with the tracker. Never had that before. Location...country...S. of Calgary. Owned/used: 4 months. Battery is comparable to other two brands I've had...maybe slightly better. Charge once a week but that is using it about a total of 4 hrs a day. Pets goes in and out of the house constantly so the collar removed and tracker turned off. The 4 finger clip is adequate I suppose, but I use a gel cover from a previous brand to stretch over the unit for additional protection. The charging plug is unique. Cord is not plugged into the tracker but clipped on with 4 charge contacts and 2 guide pins. The charging contacts on previous brands I owned concerned me as to their longevity. .Also...Tractive service personal and reply time in my experience was first rate.... and intelligent. Product price: VERY reasonable and even better since I bought mine with their sales. Subscription price: reasonable and slightly better for a 2 yr subscription.
Par contre le système d'attache va partir au premier buisson rencontré et le système de charge est vraiment très étrange, semble fragile.
On ne peut pas utiliser sa propre carte SIM, les visses ne sont pas standard, alors obligé de souscrire à un abonnement pour 1 an ou 2 ans en mode basic ou premium.
The device came dislodged from its holder one evening and I spent two days trying to find a a GPS unit. This has me concerned if my dog was actually to get lost. The GPS pinged all over the “fenced” area. I had to put up posters. Finally, a neighbour found it and notified me.
I’ll most likely be returning the unit as it’s unreliable in the city and am fearful I’ll loose it again.
The only bad thing I can say is the clip on collar mount is crap. One snag on a branch and it's gone. Throw it away because it will not hold this to your dogs collar. I use a small fabric pouch sewn onto the collar and it has with velcro fasteners to keep the device inside. Even with that- my dog was able to shake it out and I had to go find it in the dark in snow. I now use packing tape around the pouch each time we go out for a run.
Plus, it has two serious design flaws, one being the very weak clip that holds the tracker to the dog's collar. It keeps popping off the collar. Second, it needs to be recharged every night, which means taking it off the dog and putting it on their bizzare are little USB clip charger which is not compatible with anything else which means you are completely screwed if you lose the charger.
Altogether a real waste of my time and my money.
I charge it fully at night and it is already about 80% battery left in a morning , go for a walk about 30-40 min , again next day walk for 30-40 min and battery was 8% left on day 2.
So I'd say that battery life is 2 days..barely.
And the charger is weird ( pictures ).
My dogs are not bothered to wear this at all which is good.
After I already used my tractive 3G ,I found out that there is a version "XL" which battery life is up to 6 weeks.
Sadly my tractive 3G aren't in a shape that I can return anymore so I think I will get "XL" next when I can.
I feel like I wasted money on 3G.