- Free expedited shipping on products sold by Amazon AU when you purchase select books. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Travelon Anti-Theft Classic Crossbody Bucket Bag, Black (Black) - 42757 500-Black-One Size
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Locking main compartment plus an organization compartment with RFID blocking card and passport slots
- Slash-resistant body and adjustable, slash-resistant shoulder strap attaches to chair or post
- Front slash pocket, zip rear pocket and removable LED light
- 2 mesh expansion pockets hold water bottle & umbrella. Material: 900 D. polyester
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
This lightweight cross-body bucket bag is very comfortable to wear, it offers a slash proof strap that can be attached to a post or table with ease. Great size for carrying everyday items as well as a small iPad or reader. The front and main locking comparments offer slash proof construction for peace of mind along with the RFID reader blocking card slots. The outside mesh panels easily store a water bottle and umbrella.
From the manufacturer
How Travelon Anti-Theft bags protect your valuables and your identity
Locking Straps & Compartments
Locking straps allow you to lock your bag to a stationary object like a chair. This protects against grab-n-go thieves.
Locking compartments protect against pickpockets commonly found in restaurants, shopping areas and crowded venues.
All body panels (front, sides, bottom and back) have a stainless-steel mesh that lies under the outer fabric and between the lining. This protects you against slash-n-grab thieves commonly found in crowds and transportation stations.
Within the straps are stainless steel cables that run the full length of the strap and protect against slash-n-grab thieves commonly found in parking or isolated areas.
RFID Blocking Slots & Pockets
Many credit cards, identity cards, and all passports contain RFID chips with your valuable information on them. Every Travelon bag has RFID blocking card and passport slots and pockets to protect you against identity thieves. Common identity theft occurs when a thief with a small hand-held scanner walks by you and skims the information off your cards or passport that lie unprotected in your wallet or bag. These everyday identity thieves can be found everywhere in the world - which is why this type of theft occurs so frequently.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The only thing it is faulty with the stitching and you can feel the wires in the bag. I did contact Amazon regarding this but no reply.
Top international reviews
However, on the 3rd days of use, the upper dark blue silk lining began to come away from the interior wall in 3 small places along the seam. Within several more openings of the bag, the entire wall had become detached. This resulted in a large “pouch” to form between the exterior wall and the main compartment. Also, loose silk threads became tangled in the zip. Fiddling with this to find things took time and in itself, became a security risk, the thing I wanted to avoid.
This may have been a manufacturing fault but has rendered the bag no longer fit for purpose.
[19/08/18] Update - a full refund has been offered and return is in progress. Thank you Amazon for a very prompt and efficient resolution.
[16/09/18] Update - a full refund has been received inlcuding return carriage. Thank you.
1) the main zipper compartment cannot be opened with one hand even when the locking feature was not in use. I always always needed to use both hands to unzip this bag. Maybe a redundant complaint as the locking mechanism is kind of the point of the purse, however, I had so many instances where I just didn't have need for that feature and it was a pain having to get in to my bag and not spill my coffee etc.
2) the shoulder strap was constantly twisting and I found myself unraveling it just about every time I wore it.
In summary, these are just first world problems. I'll def use the bag on future travels and endure the struggles described above. But be warned!
My 2 reservations are:
1) the front pocket with zip, it requires fiddly fingers to clip the zip onto the D ring. You need to pull it and move the other zip. I added a keyring to this pocket so I can use that as like an extension whilst still keeping the safety feature.
2) My iPad pro 12.9 doesn't fit in it BUT that's on me, I should have read the specs properly!! I've kept the bag as its so functional aside from that. This hasn't affected the 5 star rating I've given as the bag is just brill.
Since it met all carrying requirements, she has been using the bag that was originally bought just for security on a specific trip as her "go-to" bag, used day in and day day out for the past two months. The security features are a fantastic bonus on an already excellent bag.
I may also use it for work
I always recommend this bag to everyone!