Travelpro Maxlite 5 - Softside Lightweight Expandable Upright Luggage, Azure Blue, Carry-On 22-Inch
|Price:||+ $128.44 Delivery|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- A half pound lighter than the maxlite 4 version, this ultra lightweight, ultra durable 22 inches expandable Rollaboard suitcase maximizes your packing power and meets carry on size restrictions for most domestic airlines; Polyester fabric with stain resistant, water repellant duraguard coating and ergonomic, high tensile strength zipper pulls provide lasting durability
- High performance ball bearing wheels and lightweight yet sturdy PowerScope Lite handle with stops at 38 inches and 42.5 inches reduce wobble and ensure a smooth, easy roll
- Expands up to 2 inches to maximize packing capacity with tapered shape to prevent tipping; Features low profile top, side and bottom carry handles, 2 exterior compartments, full length interior lid pocket, side accessory pocket and adjustable hold down straps for packing convenience and flexibility
- Limited Lifetime Coverage plus trusted companion promise, which covers the cost of repair for damage from airline or other common carrier for 1 years; H20 Guard protects the interior lining from moisture
- Case Dimensions: 21x14x9, Overall Dimensions: 23x14.5x9, Weight: 5.4 pounds ; VOLUME : 52L ; Volume : 52 L
Product detailsSize Name:Carry-On 22-Inch | Colour Name:Azure Blue
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 22.86 x 36.83 x 58.42 cm; 2.45 Kilograms
- Date First Available : 14 April 2018
- Manufacturer : Travelpro International Inc.
- ASIN : B07BLCWSJ9
- Item Model Number : 401172227
- Department : Unisex-adult
Best Sellers Rank:
107,798 in Clothing, Shoes & Accessories (See Top 100 in Clothing, Shoes & Accessories)
- 107 in Hand Luggage
- Customer Reviews:
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Roll onboard with lighter luggage that doesn't sacrifice durability for performance; The Maxlite 5 22" Expandable Rollaboard gives you domestic carry-on convenience in a roomy all-in-one suitcase. Packing is easy and organized with two quick-access, exterior front pockets, full-length interior lid pocket, side accessory pocket and adjustable hold-down straps. Maximize your packing power with a high-tensile-strength expandable zipper that adds up to 2" more capacity, while the 2-position adjustable PowerScope Lite handle and high-performance ball bearing wheels ensure a turbulent-free glide. This Fit to Fly carry-on rollaboard has been sizer been tested to accommodate overhead bin space on most major US airlines. Fully expanded Carry-On may not meet airline restrictions. Backed by Travelpro's Limited Lifetime Coverage plus a new and expanded "Trusted Companion Promise", which covers the cost of repair for damage from airline or other common carrier for 1 year. Also, with our new Trusted Companion Promise, we will even reimburse shipping costs when you send your bag to us for warranty repair or replacement during that 1st year.
From the manufacturer
|Travelpro Crew Expert Max Rollaboard Luggage||Travelpro Crew Versapack Max Rollaboard Luggage||Travelpro Platinum Elite 22" Rollaboard Luggage||Travelpro Bold 22" Rollaboard Luggage|
|Weight||9.6 lbs||7.9 lbs||7.8 lbs||7.4 lbs|
|Fabric||High-density ballistic nylon fabric with DuraGuard coating||High- density ballistic nylon fabric with DuraGuard coating||High-density nylon fabric with DuraGuard coating||Rugged, high-density polyester fabric with water repellent coating|
|Handle||Extra wide, ergonomic handle grip||PowerScope aluminum extension handle||PowerScope aluminum extension handle||Telescoping aluminum handle|
|Wheel Type||High performance ball-bearing wheels||High performance ball-bearing wheels||High performance ball-bearing wheels||High performance ball-bearing wheels|
|Laptop Pocket||Laptops up to 17"||Laptops up to 17"||No||No|
|Suiter||✓||Suiter sold separately||✓||No|
Review this product
Top reviews from other countries
This Travelpro Maxlite 5 22" is possibly the best carry-on out there for price/value.
Yes this bag is slightly larger in overall dimensions (from top of bag to bottom of wheels, it's about 23" tall) that US Domestic restrictions for some airlines (United, for one) BUT this bag easily fits into overhead bins. I flew with this bag on 777's, 737-700's and A321s, all without issues. Gate agents didn't even look at this bag and I didn't stand out with it either. Other travellers who were trying to stuff rather large duffels were told at the gate they'd have to check their bags.
Bag construction is of high quality nylon mesh and other high quality plastics. The wheels are perfectly round and feel durable. I pulled my bag across airports, roads, crosswalks and the uneven sidewalks in NYC. No issues and the bag remains stable and upright when being pulled.
I elected to buy the two-wheeled version versus the spinner in order to gain more interior room in the bag. I was able to pack 3 suits and dress shirts (in a suit protector I also bought on Amazon) along with some golf shirts, shorts, jeans, socks and other small items. All this without making the bag bulge or look overstuffed like a Thanksgiving turkey.
The bag is easy to pull down a jet's aisle(s) and with its built in padded side handle, making your way to your seat is a breeze. Being super light unpacked, this bag really makes great use of space all without making the bag heavy when packed.
The zippers all have nice pulls and are easily accessible. The main compartment zippers have connecting loops so you can put a lock on your bag if you are forced to gate check. There's a front zippered pocket which serves you well for your phone and travel docs before going through TSA. This makes emptying your pants pockets easy so you can go unmolested through TSA checkpoints. While an occasional reach around from TSA could be nice, I prefer to avoid such personal interactions.
The front expandable section of the bag allows for easy storage of a thin laptop or iPad and some cables. All making for easy access while on board a plane so you can get situated before flight with your devices.
I can see packing for a 5 day trip in this bag and maybe adding a backpack for some extras to get to 7-8 days total.
Overall, this bag is a great value, well made and I can see getting many good years out of it. And with bag fees going from $25-$30, buying and owning a bag like this is a no brainer now. If you use it 2-3 times, it will have paid for itself.
You need this bag in your travel arsenal. Buy it. You can come back and thank me later.