- Free expedited shipping on products sold by Amazon AU when you purchase select books. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Uncle Ben's Brown Rice, 6 x 250g
- Steamed wholegrain brown rice for maximum freshness and flavour
- The perfect base for a healthy meal
- Heart Foundation Tick approved
- Stock up with this pack of 6
- Rest assured there are no artificial colours, flavors or preservatives
- This product is safe to use for babies aged 2 years+
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Steamed Brown Rice 98%, Vegetable Oil.
Unless expressly indicated otherwise, Amazon.com.au is not the manufacturer of the products sold on this site. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented on our website. Please always read labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming the product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Simple, versatile, one of our classics complement your cooking with our perfectly cooked brown rice. Rest assured there are no artificial colours, flavors or preservatives.
From the manufacturer
We make an Uncle Ben's Microwave Rice variety to complement every recipe, from Asian and Mexican rice dishes to classic mid-week meals.
They're not just great tasting…all our products contain absolutely no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives, just the most wholesome ingredients.
Our rice pouches cook in just 2 minutes meaning you can have a tasty meal in no time!
- 4 salmon fillets
- 200g of asparagus, cut in 2-3cm pieces
- 2 medium red capsicums, cut into small strips
- 150g of snow peas
- 200g sliced zucchini
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 pouches of Uncle Ben's Long Grain Microwave Rice
- Black pepper
Oven-Baked Salmon with Stir-Fried Vegetables
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 25 min
- Pre-heat the oven to 180⁰C.
- Brush half of the oil, salt and pepper on the salmon. Put the salmon on to a tray and into the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Heat a stir-frying pan and add the remaining oil. Fry the vegetables for about 5 minutes until crisp tender.
- Season the vegetables with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat up the pouches according to the package.
- Serve the rice with salmon and vegetables.
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- ½ medium red capsicum, cut in short strips
- ½ medium yellow capsicum, cut in short strips
- 1 small zucchini, sliced 1cm thick
- 450g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 pouches Uncle Ben's Wholegrain Brown Microwave Rice
Wholegrain Roasted Chicken with Salad
1. Heat oven to 200⁰C. Whisk 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, the balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
2. In medium bowl, toss capsicums and zucchini with half the balsamic mixture; reserve remaining mixture. Place vegetables on large rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise. Heat a non-stick pan over high heat. Add remaining oil.
4. Sear chicken about 3 minutes, turning frequently, until outside of chicken is golden brown. Remove from heat; brush with remaining balsamic mixture.
5. Add chicken to vegetables in roasting pan. Roast 10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender and chicken is no longer pink in centre.
6. Heat rice as directed on package; pour into large bowl. Stir roasted vegetables and juices into rice. Cut each piece of chicken crosswise into slices; place on each of 4 dinner plates. Divide rice mixture among plates. Serve with a fresh green salad.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Review this product
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Super easy to prepare, just tear open the pouch, microwave for 90 seconds and you're done. Perfect addition to your meal. Soft, fluffy and tasty. I enjoyed the convenience, usually brown rice takes ages to cook, so this was real handy. No nasty ingredients or preservatives in it, just brown rice and vegetable oil.
Brown rice can take such a long time to cook if you start from scratch. These packets of steamed brown rice only take 90 seconds in the microwave to warm up which is such a time saver. The packets are 250g each so depending on the meal you have (for example, chicken and vegetables) you can definitely get away with one packet between two. Alternatively, if you were just making a fried rice, you may find that one packet only serves one.
Ultimately, this deserves 3.5 stars. It is very easy to cook (takes 90 seconds in microwave) and is a nice texture and consistency. It is, however, quite bland, even for brown rice, and needs flavor added. Not great served by itself, but works very well with curries and stews.
A plus for this one though is has clear instructions for cooking in a pot which was great for camping.
Most importantly the kids love it and no complaints there.