- Free expedited shipping on products sold by Amazon AU when you purchase select books. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Uncle Ben's Wild Rice, 660 Grams
- Reheatable; resists drying and clumping
- Uncle Ben's gentle drying process keeps grains separate, resulting in a light fluffy texture
- Delivers a dependable cooking time, each grain cooks evenly
- Refrigerates well after cooking
- Cooking time is 20 minutes
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: (Contents of pack 660g will yield 33 x70g cooked services. Absorption Method COOK TOP 1. Combine contents of pack (660g) with 50g butter or margarine, 1 tbsp of salt and 2L cold water in a pot. 2. Bring to boil, stir well and cover with a lid. Simmer for 20 mins until liquid is absorbed or the rice is cooked. 3. Drain any excess liquid if required. 4. Transfer to serving dish or bain marie. 5. Fluff with fork before serving. Absorption Method MICROWAVE OVEN 1. Combine contents of pack (660g) with 50g butter or margarine, 1 tbsp of salt and 2L boiling water in a mircowave proof container. 2. Cover with a lid and cook for 20 mins on HIGH. 3. Drain any excess liquid if required. 4.Fluff with fork before serving.
Unless expressly indicated otherwise, Amazon.com.au is not the manufacturer of the products sold on this site. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented on our website. Please always read labels, warnings, and directions provided with the product before using or consuming the product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Uncle Ben's Wild Rice is dark in color with a subtle nutty flavor, and rich in proteins and nutrients.
From the manufacturer
We make an Uncle Ben's Microwave Rice variety to complement every recipe, from Asian and Mexican rice dishes to classic mid-week meals.
They're not just great tasting…all our products contain absolutely no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives, just the most wholesome ingredients.
Our rice pouches cook in just 2 minutes meaning you can have a tasty meal in no time!
- 4 salmon fillets
- 200g of asparagus, cut in 2-3cm pieces
- 2 medium red capsicums, cut into small strips
- 150g of snow peas
- 200g sliced zucchini
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 pouches of Uncle Ben's Long Grain Microwave Rice
- Black pepper
Oven-Baked Salmon with Stir-Fried Vegetables
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 25 min
- Pre-heat the oven to 180⁰C.
- Brush half of the oil, salt and pepper on the salmon. Put the salmon on to a tray and into the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Heat a stir-frying pan and add the remaining oil. Fry the vegetables for about 5 minutes until crisp tender.
- Season the vegetables with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat up the pouches according to the package.
- Serve the rice with salmon and vegetables.
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- ½ medium red capsicum, cut in short strips
- ½ medium yellow capsicum, cut in short strips
- 1 small zucchini, sliced 1cm thick
- 450g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 pouches Uncle Ben's Wholegrain Brown Microwave Rice
Wholegrain Roasted Chicken with Salad
1. Heat oven to 200⁰C. Whisk 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, the balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
2. In medium bowl, toss capsicums and zucchini with half the balsamic mixture; reserve remaining mixture. Place vegetables on large rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise. Heat a non-stick pan over high heat. Add remaining oil.
4. Sear chicken about 3 minutes, turning frequently, until outside of chicken is golden brown. Remove from heat; brush with remaining balsamic mixture.
5. Add chicken to vegetables in roasting pan. Roast 10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender and chicken is no longer pink in centre.
6. Heat rice as directed on package; pour into large bowl. Stir roasted vegetables and juices into rice. Cut each piece of chicken crosswise into slices; place on each of 4 dinner plates. Divide rice mixture among plates. Serve with a fresh green salad.