|Product Dimensions||43.18 x 9.53 x 3.81 cm; 158.76 Grams|
|Item Weight||158 g|
Victorinox Cutlery 8-Inch Curved Breaking Knife, Black Fibrox Handle
|Item dimensions L x W x H||43.2 x 9.5 x 3.8 centimetres|
|Item weight||5.6 Ounces|
About this item
- An excellent choice for most butchering work, the breaking knife is used to break down large quarters into smaller roasts and pieces
- High carbon stainless-steel blade provides maximum sharpness and edge retention; conical ground through length and depth for a wider break point; ice tempered to sustain sharpness longer
- Blade stamped from cold-rolled steel; bolsterless edge for use of entire blade and ease of sharpening
- Patented Fibrox handles are textured, slip resistant, and ergonomically designed for balance and comfort; NSF approved
- Hand washing recommended; lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects; expertly made in Switzerland
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
Please enter a question.
A TRUSTED FAVORITE
Preferred by both home chefs and culinary professionals, the 8" Victorinox Fibrox Pro Breaking Knife is perfect for small and large butchering tasks. Crafted with a comfortable handle, superior weight and balance, and a razor sharp edge that rarely requires re-sharpening, this knife is an essential tool for every kitchen.
- High-quality, lightweight European steel.
- Handle design reduces hand and wrist fatigue.
- Fit for breaking down meat into smaller roasts and pieces.
- Wide, curved blade that helps keep meat together and uniform.
- Non-slip patented Fibrox Pro handle for a secure and comfortable grip no matter the hand size.
- National Sanitary Foundation (NSF) approved and dishwasher safe.
CARE AND USE
Be good to your knives and they’ll be good to you. Following these simple guidelines will ensure that you get the longest life out of your knife!
Victorinox Swiss Army recommends washing all knives by hand. For best results, hand wash your knives with a soapy cloth and dry immediately.
While Fibrox Pro knives are dishwasher safe, we recommend hand washing as dishwashers are designed to spray water at a relatively high pressure, which can jostle the silverware and cause the knives to collide, dulling the edge.
For optimum performance, knives should be honed after every couple of uses. Proper and frequent use of a honing steel will keep your knives sharper and performing at their best.
In 1937 Victorinox began selling cutlery in America through a Connecticut distributor called R.H. Forschner & Co. A well-known manufacturer of butcher scales, Forschner soon became the exclusive U.S. distributor for Victorinox knives, and was the name by which Victorinox knives were known.
From the manufacturer
In 1884, Karl Elsener opened his cutler’s workshop in Ibach-Schwyz. In the early years Karl Elsener worked to combat poverty and unemployment in the Schwyz basin, creating jobs and helping stem the flow of emigration. In 1891 he supplied the soldier’s knife to the Swiss Army . He went on to develop the Swiss Officer’s and Sports Knife – now the Swiss Army Knife – in 1897.
Victorinox ensures that its products meet the highest standards in all areas and quality is never compromised, regardless of the production site. The majority of Victorinox products – the Swiss Army knives, Household and professional Knives, Watches and Fragrance are manufactured in Switzerland. The Swiss Army Knife is the core product and has a main role in the development of all product categories.