Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet or computer – no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle Cloud Reader.
Using your mobile phone camera, scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Enter your mobile phone or email address
By pressing ‘Send link’, you agree to Amazon's Conditions of Use.
You consent to receive an automated text message from or on behalf of Amazon about the Kindle App at your mobile number above. Consent is not a condition of any purchase. Message and data rates may apply.
What Your Kindergartner Needs To Know (Revised And Updated): Preparing Your Child for a Lifetime of Learning Paperback – Illustrated, 15 August 2013
What Your Kindergartner Needs to Know
Designed for use by parents and teachers, this groundbreaking first volume in the Core Knowledge Series provides kindergartners with the fundamentals they need to prepare them for a lifetime of learning. It sets out the elements a parent or educator should look for in a good kindergarten program and introduces activities that help a child take the first steps in learning to read and write. Featuring a new Introduction and filled with age-appropriate questions and suggestions that stimulate thinking and build vocabulary, this revised and updated edition of What Your Kindergartner Needs to Know also includes
• Favorite poems—read and recite together from Mother Goose, A. A. Milne, Langston Hughes, and more, all beautifully illustrated
• Beloved stories and fables—read aloud from “The Three Little Pigs,” “The Ugly Duckling,” “Cinderella,” Winnie-the-Pooh, “The Velveteen Rabbit,” and many more, including multicultural folktales from African, Japanese, and Native American traditions
• Familiar sayings and phrases—impart traditional wisdom such as “Where there’s a will, there’s a way” and “Better safe than sorry”
• History and geography—a friendly introduction to our world, complete with simple questions and fun activities
• Visual arts—painting, drawing, cutting, and pasting go hand in hand with learning about color and helping a child look at and talk about great works of art
• Music—many musical experiences for parents and children to participate in, along with dozens of songs to sing and dance to
• Math—lively and interesting exposure to concepts and operations that provide a springboard to later mastery
• Science—activities that let children observe, experience, and get their hands dirty while exploring the wonders of nature
About the Author
- Publisher : BANTAM DELL; 1st edition (15 August 2013)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 480 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0345543734
- ISBN-13 : 978-0345543738
- Dimensions : 19.05 x 2.54 x 23.11 cm
- Best Sellers Rank: 248,709 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews: