The Yes Brain Child: Help Your Child be More Resilient, Independent and Creative Audible Audiobook – Unabridged
From the best-selling parenting experts behind The Whole-Brain Child comes a highly successful plan for helping your child become more independent and resilient.
Children can often act out or shut down when faced with a setback or a tricky issue like homework, food or screen time. This is what acclaimed parenting experts Dr Siegel and Dr Bryson call the 'No Brain' response. But you can help your child develop the ability to cope, solve their own problems and thrive by nurturing their 'Yes Brain'.
Drawing on their successful work with thousands of parents and children from all backgrounds, Dr Siegel and Dr Bryson provide the advice, tools and activities to help parents with children of all ages.
This is what the 'Yes Brain' approach looks like in action:
- A five-year-old boy thinks about his first day at school and says, 'I'm nervous, but I'll give it a try.'
- An eight-year-old girl says, 'I'd like to join the football team, even though none of my friends like football.'
- A 14 year-old boy looks at a test he's earned a D- for and says, 'That's not the mark I wanted, but it's not the end of the world. I'll ask the teacher how I can improve.'
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying reference material will be available in your Library section along with the audio.
- Get this audiobook free then 1 credit each month, good for any title you like - yours to keep, even if you cancel
- Listen all you want to the Plus Catalogue—a selection of thousands of Audible Originals, audiobooks and podcasts, including exclusive series
- Exclusive member-only deals
- $16.45 a month after 30 days. Cancel anytime
|Listening Length||5 hours and 56 minutes|
|Author||Ph.D. Tina Payne Bryson, Dr. Daniel J. Siegel|
|Narrator||Ph.D. Tina Payne Bryson, Dr. Daniel J Siegel|
|Audible.com.au Release Date||11 January 2018|
|Publisher||Simon & Schuster Audio UK|
|Best Sellers Rank|| 1,465 in Audible Books & Originals (See Top 100 in Audible Books & Originals) |
4 in Fatherhood (Audible Books & Originals)
7 in Fatherhood (Books)
84 in Relationships (Audible Books & Originals)