Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
Customers Also Bought Items By
Master Modern Blues Guitar Rhythm and Soloing - With Robben Ford
Robben Ford is one of the world’s most in demand modern blues guitarists. From his work with Miles Davis, to the Yellowjackets, Joni Mitchell, George Harrison and Larry Carlton, the Blues has always been at the heart of Robben’s music.
In his new book, Urban Blues Guitar Revolution, Robben brings six classic blues genres bang up to date and gives a modern slant to the early styles that were the foundation of urban blues guitar. Each track includes rhythm guitar and soloing studies, and begins with authentic parts that gradually get more modern with each chorus.
What You’ll Learn
Robben Ford’s Urban Blues Guitar Revolution teaches you the rhythm and soloing language of authentic blues guitar, chord by chord, lick by lick, then takes you on a journey through increasingly more modern ideas. You’ll learn the roots of the style, then how to give your blues music a more contemporary edge.
Each essential blues guitar component is broken down into clear instructions and you’ll get access to Robben’s exclusive analysis of his playing, line by line.
By the end, you’ll have taken away hundreds of jaw-dropping blues guitar licks, riffs and rhythm parts that you can use to dramatically improve your own blues playing.
The Complete Blues Guitar Course from a Modern Master
Robben Ford’s Urban Blues Guitar Revolution gives unparalleled insight into the technical and creative approach of a modern-day master blues guitarist.
Through a series of carefully conceived pieces, you will master an incredibly versatile approach to playing modern blues guitar, while discovering the traditions of the style.
- Learn tips and tricks to create authentic blues guitar feel and tone
- Gain a deep understanding and mastery of authentic & modern blues guitar
- Hundreds of licks, rhythm parts, riffs and unique blues chord approaches
- Discover Robben Ford’s personal approach to playing the blues on guitar
- Master both delicately nuanced, and all-out powerful blues guitar solos
Learn Six Fantastic Blues Guitar Performance Pieces – With Rhythms, Riffs, Chords and Solos
Every detailed chapter first teaches the important ideas that build the rhythm part of each track, before giving you a blow-by-blow breakdown of the full piece, enabling you master six blues tracks written exclusively by Robben Ford. You’ll get deep into the rhythmic nuance, authentic blues guitar parts, classic stylings and modern twists. It’s a journey that’ll teach you everything you need to know about playing the blues.
Robben Ford’s Urban Blues Guitar Revolution comes with over 60 studio quality audio examples plus six backing tracks that are all free to download. These not only let you hear the music, but help you master Robben’s unique blues guitar phrasing. There are even slowed down versions of the full songs.
Robben Ford is one of the greatest blues guitarists on the planet! If you want to learn blues guitar the right way, you owe it to yourself to learn from a master.
Buy it now!
Build and Master Essential Bass Technique
The Bass Technique Finger Gym is an instant 'shot-in-the-arm' for bass players of any level. It focuses on building a solid foundation of clean, usable, musical skills.
Important, Effective Exercises
Each exercise is individually targeted to a common bass technique problem. You will work on timing, strength, fluency and speed, as well as getting an overview of slapping and popping.
Solve Every Common Bass Problem
Whether you play rock, jazz, blues or funk, all bassists come up against the same pain points.
The Bass Technique Finger Gym will build your skills and develop your finesse in an organic and musical way.
Over 130 essential bass technique exercises are included to help you build speed and fluency along with exciting musical studies to consolidate your skills.
These exercises focus on:
- Speed & Dexterity
- Coordination & Control
- Strength & Stamina
- Scale Sequences & Fretboard Fluency
Bonus: Exclusive video content that guides you through the perfect slap technique.
The Bass Technique Finger Gym Also Includes:
- Audio examples of each exercise to download for free
- Standard Notation and Tab
- Bespoke, Timed Workouts and Practice Schedules
- Musical Pieces to Consolidate your Skills
Learning from paper is one thing, but once you hear how to apply them, they become music. The First 100 Chords for Guitarists contains many supporting audio examples to help you get inside the music, and quickly apply every new chord in a musical situation.
Get the audio for free from our dedicated website.
Buy it now to Give your Playing the Workout It Deserves
Bass Technique Finger Gym is available for free on Kindle Unlimited, or just $14.99 in Paperback with Amazon's quality Guarantee.
Scroll up to buy it now.
• Play solos like B.B. King and John Lee Hooker
• Learn to Instinctively Play any Blues Song
• Understand Scales and Techniques so you Find the Right Notes: Every Time
The Complete Guide to Playing Blues Guitar Compilation
Do you hear great blues guitar songs and wish you knew how to play them?
Do you want to play great solos but don't even know where to start?
Wouldn't it be great to emulate your favourite blues musicians or even pick up your guitar and work out your favourite songs by ear!?
The Complete Guide to Playing Blues Guitar is a three-part series that teaches you the essential skills required to become a master blues guitarist.
You save 15% when you purchase all three best-selling books in this one edition!
Here's what you get...
• Over 245 Pages of Blues Guitar Mastery focusing on Rhythm Guitar, Melodic Phrasing and Beyond Pentatonics that help you play any blues song
• Over 400 Notated Audio Download Examples of Exercises, Techniques and Licks so you can hear and feel each stepping stone in the process of learning
• Over 20 Backing Tracks so you can play and hear what you are learning in an Actual Musical Situation
• The Complete Blues Guitar Soloing Course that will have you writing and improvising your own solos in no time
With over 245 jam-packed pages and 400 notated audio examples from all 3 books in the Playing Blues Guitar series, this is the most comprehensive guide to playing blues guitar ever released.
Book One – Rhythm Guitar focuses on the topic of rhythm guitar giving you a solid understanding and practice of not only the common blues chord structures... but also multiple approaches you can take to embellish the standard harmony. Beginning with the basic structure of the 12 bar blues and continuing with open string riffs, dominant 7 chords, Turnarounds, and more... this book gives you the tools needed to play any blues song.
Book Two – Melodic Phrasing examines the most important aspects of blues guitar soloing, allowing you to develop your improvisational skills in the blues world. By teaching Rhythm, Phrasing and Placement you learn to use fundamental rhythmic fragments to create and drive your solo forward. Because when you know the building blocks... melodies will take care of themselves. Never worry about forgetting licks again.
Book Three – Beyond Pentatonics teaches you the secrets of blues guitar soloing by showing you how to break away from the minor pentatonic soloing trap that plagues so many. It shows you how to target the most powerful notes from each chord in the blues progression to create the greatest emotional effect, wooing your audience. All of that plus discovering the many possible scale choices for each of the chords in the blues and you will be building solos like a master blues guitarist in no time.
All 3 Amazon best-selling books are combined seamlessly in this complete guide of everything you need to know about playing the blues.
Master the Circle of Fifths and Crack the Secret Code of Music Theory
Discover how to form any scale - in any key
Understand key signatures
Change key musically and effectively
Understand how to apply and hear music theory on the guitar
Instantly know the notes of any major of minor scale
The Circle of Fifths for Guitarists
- Are you aware of key signatures, keys and scales but don’t quite know how they fit together?
- Would you like to have complete freedom to build and use the right scales on guitar?
- Do you want to know exactly which notes to play in any major or minor scale?
- Do you know how to change key smoothly and easily?
The Circle of Fifths for Guitarists will teach you to build, understand and use the essential building-blocks of music theory to become a better musician, quickly and easily.
Here’s what you get:
- A complete course, building from the first principles of music that allows you to create, understand and master the Circle of Fifths.
- Discover how to build every major and relative minor scales.
- Understand how key signatures work and instantly know the notes of any scale
- An instant trick to tell you the notes in any key, just using by looking at your guitar fretboard!
Bonus: Learn to instantly see the relationships six ‘secret’ closely related key changes that you can use in your own writing and playing instantly.
Are you Missing part of the puzzle?
Most guitarists know a lot of scales, but few actually understand the essential principles of how they are built and how they relate to each other.
The Circle of Fifths is like an ancient ‘Rosetta Stone’ of music theory that not only tells you which notes are in any key, but also contains the secret of how every scale is built and how every scale relates to each other.
In The Circle of Fifths, you will not only learn how The Circle works, but you will also learn to build it yourself and gain instant access to the deep inner core of theory that governs everything in music.
The Circle of Fifths for Guitarists shows how every key, scale, chord and modulation works in music. It’s essential knowledge of any aspiring musician.
Theory is just knowledge, but once you hear it, it becomes music. The Circle of Fifths for Guitarists contains many supporting audio examples to help you get inside the theory and quickly apply the concepts to your own playing.
This book is Free on Kindle Unlimited
Easily Master the Guitar Neck in Minutes
Quickly and easily learn to locate any note on the neck like it is second nature.
- How to Memorize the Fretboard Teaches you:
- Simple methods and strategies to memorize the guitar neck easily
- Clear diagrams and techniques to make learning fun and simple
- Essential Music Theory
Break Down the Guitar Neck into Easy Shapes
Unlike the piano, the same note can be played on the guitar in more than one location making their locations seem daunting to learn. This book teaches you to instantly recognize and know the location of every note on the guitar neck.
How to Memorize the Guitar Fretboard teaches you essential basic theory and musical patterns so you actually understand how the guitar as a whole functions.
Free on Kindle Unlimited! - Master the Guitar Neck Today!
Why wait? With free delivery right to your device, you don't even need a kindle to read this book! You can have it sent to your PC, Tablet or Smartphone.
No more excuses, master the guitar neck today and play like a pro!
The Most Popular Guitar Books on Amazon
With nearly 1,000,000 copies sold, Fundamental Changes bring you the highest rated guitar books available on Amazon.
Scroll up to Buy Now and make a huge difference to your playing.
There are plenty of advertising options for savvy authors who want to build their publishing careers. Amazon Marketing Services ads might have the most potential. They enable authors to reach readers looking to buy books on the world's biggest online retailer. And, unlike other platforms, those readers are already looking to buy and can do so with just one click.
This book, written by two leaders in the field of book marketing, sets out precisely how Amazon ads can work for you.
Also includes a free instructional video masterclass from the founder of the Self Publishing Formula.
Learn guitar theory - The simple way, musical way
- Are you sick and tired of guitar theory being taught in overly complicated language?
- Are you looking to become a better musician and guitar player?
- Do you want to discover creative guitar soloing and songwriting approaches?
- Do you want to understand & use guitar scales, guitar modes and arpeggios?
- Do you want a complete guitar theory method that takes you from zero to hero in simple steps?
Master, hear and play music theory for guitar
The Practical Guide to Modern Music Theory for Guitar is different. Instead of boring and meaningless guitar theory essays, it makes music come alive. In fact, you’ll quickly learn to play the theory you’re being taught.
Go from meaningless information to stunning guitar solos and songwriting.
Guitarists are often guilty of 'collecting' musical theory without taking the time to learn to apply the information on their instrument. Modern Music Theory for Guitarists combines cutting edge, up to date musical information with over 200 exercises and examples to help you internalise and master the most important concepts in modern guitar playing. There are also bespoke, professional backing tracks from Guitar Techniques Magazine's Quist
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- How to construct major and minor guitar scales
- How to harmonise a scale and use chords to write songs
- The complete guide to naming chords on guitar (know your C9 from your Cadd9!)
- A breakdown of every important type of chord, and where they come from
- How to write chord progressions to create great songs
- How to change key smoothly (modulation) and how to use guitar chord qualities to make your music creative and unique
- Discover how to form guitar modes… and how to use them in your solos.
- Discover the secret of triads, arpeggios and pentatonic scales you can use to create rich-sounding solos that’ll amaze your friends
- A complete deconstruction of all the 3-note, 4-note and 5-note soloing approaches hidden in every scale
Bonus hundreds of guitar licks demonstrate every single concept
Bonus Professional backing tracks to help you practise every guitar scale
Bonus The complete guide to Roman numeral notation for short hand song writing on guitar
Bonus A ‘cheat sheet' of the most common soloing approaches to save you hours in the practice room
Bonus 200 audio tracks to download so you can hear every single guitar theory concept in action
Learn the guitar theory… then use it!
There are so many sources of information out there these days it's hard to know where to begin and what's important when it comes to applying music theory to the guitar. This book has been designed to take you on a journey from essential first principles through to complex, exciting musical ideas while all the time teaching you the musical application of each concept.
Essential guitar knowledge and musical guitar skills
The Complete Guide to Modern Music Theory begins with the formation of the Major scale and builds steadily from the concepts taught in the first few chapters to help you master, hear and apply all the essential theory used today.
Master Essential Guitar Chords and Establish Good Habits for a Lifetime
- Discover how to play every essential chord on guitar
- Understand how chords work together
- Build chord progressions and master strumming
- Understand chord theory and construction
- Instantly apply and use chords to make songs
The First 100 Chords for Guitarists
- Are you struggling to learn guitar chords?
- Would you like an effective way to memorize, play and combine chords to make music on the guitar?
- Do you want to confidently strum rhythms the right way?
- Do you want to build perfect practice habits that will stay with you for a lifetime?
The First 100 Chords for Guitar will teach you to correctly fret, strum and combine the essential chords in music to become a better musician, quickly and easily.
Here’s What You Get:
- A complete course, building from the first essential guitar chords to help you memorize, understand and apply chords musically.
- A proven practice routine that helps you build muscle memory, great technique and musical knowledge.
- Understanding of how to play chords the right way, and the theory of how they are constructed
- One instant trick to teach your fingers how to move - subconsciously
Bonus One: Learn to link chords together in a truly unique, musical way. Linking chords means practice is always fun as you explore creative ideas.
Bonus Two: A complete guide to essential strumming patterns on guitar.
Are you Missing Part of the Puzzle?
Most guitar beginners know a few chords but few actually understand that it is quick and easy to expand that vocabulary into hundreds of chords and colors.
The First 100 Chords for Guitar is not simply a cold list of chords, it’s a complete guitar method for beginners that teaches you how to practice for a lifetime of good guitar habits.
From the most basic chords, right through to some rich and exciting advanced voicings, you will be guided in small friendly steps. Throughout, there is an emphasis on using the correct fingers, changing chords smoothly, building great technique and developing creativity.
Test Yourself! At the end of each chapter, the newly introduced chords are combined into real-life chord progressions.
How to Practice! – Also included is a detailed ‘How to Practice’ section along with dedicated chapters on Essential Strumming Patterns and some Chord Theory.
Learning chords from paper is one thing, but once you hear how to apply them, they become music. The First 100 Chords for Guitarists contains many supporting audio examples to help you get inside the music, and quickly apply every new chord in a musical situation.
Get the audio for free from our dedicated website.
This book is Free on Kindle Unlimited
-Comprehensive coverage of Picking, Legato, Rhythm and Expressive Techniques-
There’s a myth amongst many guitarists that excellent technique can only be achieved via years of practice.
Complete Technique for Modern Guitar destroys the notion that aspiring players must spend all their practice time accelerating through progressively more difficult and obscure exercises. This book focuses on only the exercises that most quickly develop the fundamental four areas of guitar technique: Picking, Legato, Playing in time, and expression.
Each exercise is accompanied by a full explanation, practice hints, and an individual audio track to make sure you are making the most of your practice time.
Only exercises which generate immediate, tangible improvements are included so there is always an immediate, musical benefit to your playing.
Develop perfect phrasing in you blues guitar solos
“He's just feeling it” is no longer an acceptable explanation of musical ability. This book breaks down melodic feel and phrasing into learnable skills.
- Have you ever wondered how great blues guitar players develop such brilliant phrasing in their guitar solos?
- Have been told “He’s just feeling it” when you’ve tried to improve your blues phrasing skills?
- Are you frustrated by having the same 12 notes as your guitar heroes, but never managing to master their note placement?
- Are you held captive by licks, and find yourself limited by your blues guitar vocabulary?
Complete Blues Melodic Phrasing is a unique guide to perfecting your phrasing on guitar. You'll move away from rigid blues licks and discover a universe of emotion.
Learn to control your blues guitar phrasing, and discover infinite new blues soloing possibilities.
Melodic Phrasing challenges our perception of how to learn blues guitar soloing. No longer will you be ‘chasing licks’ around the fretboard; struggling because you couldn’t quite grasp the line you were reaching for.
In this book you will learn how to develop and control fundamental rhythmic fragments to create original lines and drive your blues guitar solo forward. By focusing on rhythm and phrasing, and developing these rhythmic building blocks, you’ll find true expression in your solos.
This blues guitar book is about creating a natural, organic approach to developing your guitar soloing and learning to truly improvise, while breaking away from the prison of lick playing and scales.
The blues guitar soloing toolkit
- Discover the true art of note placement in your blues guitar solos
- Learn to manipulate any rhythm to pull and push against the rhythm of a 12 bar blues
- Master call and response blues phrasing as you’ve never seen it before
- Understand when to bend, slide or hammer a note for the the most powerful effect
- Learn to manipulate the full range of the guitar neck to find new vocabulary and add intensity to your blues guitar solos.
- Discover how limiting certain aspects of your playing forces you to become an infinitely more creative blues player
Bonus A complete guide to bending in tune on the guitar
Bonus Hundreds of audio tracks and backing tracks to download for free
Blues guitarists all have the same 12 notes....
It's how and when we play them that sets the masters apart from the amateurs. We all know it's important to learn the licks and vocabulary of the musicians who we wish to emulate, but in order to develop a unique blues guitar style we must learn how to phrase our lines in a personal way.
Melodic Phrasing teaches you hundreds of ways to treat even the simplest blues guitar lines to make them your own.
Fundamental Changes publish the most popular guitar books on Amazon.
With over 100 titles, 500,000 customers and over 5000 5* reviews, you can be sure that your musical guitar education is in the best possible hands.
"Among the things I like most about these books is that they're laid out not like lessons, but more like practice routines. The emphasis is on getting the ideas into your fingers and ears, not just your head. A very refreshing approach".
Go Beyond Rhythm Guitar to Seamlessly Blend Guitar Chords with Licks, Riffs and Fills
Become an Accomplished Accompanist!
- Learn to Effortlessly Combine Rhythm and Lead Guitar Simultaneously
- Develop a Language of Musical Fills around Every Common Chord Shape
- Weave Lead Guitar Licks into Chords for Blues, Pop, Rock, and Acoustic Guitar
- Discover how to use Drone Notes to make Beautiful Music
- Instantly Create Beautiful Solo Guitar Lines while playing Capo Chords
- Master Complete Musical Studies and Impressive Pieces that Combine Rhythm and Lead Guitar
- Learn with Tablature, Notation and Hundreds of Audio Examples of Exciting Solo Chord Arrangements
Beyond Rhythm Guitar
- Is your guitar chord playing boring?
- Do you want to add melodic fills to your rhythm guitar playing and stay in time?
- Do you need to find melodies that fit around every chord?
- Want to confidently combine great chords with interesting licks in most modern styles?
- Do you want to learn rhythm and lead in the style of the world's greatest guitarists?
- Do you want hundreds of chords, licks and tricks to enrich your rhythm guitar playing?
Have you ever wondered how great rhythm guitarists combine chord playing with seamless, interesting and creative fills… and barely seem to move their fingers?
Beyond Rhythm Guitar takes you on a journey of discovery that teaches you the best ways to build fills and solo guitar lines around the most important chords on the guitar. You’ll learn the scale shapes, approaches and secret techniques that the best guitar players use to add melody lines to guitar chords.
With over 200 notated audio examples, every essential chord is dissected while you are taught how to use their unique shapes to form lead lines that fit seamlessly into your playing.
From open chords, to using capos and decorating barre chords in rock and blues guitar, Beyond Rhythm Guitar is a pop, rock and blues-focused study method that will help you create beautiful and interesting guitar melodies around chords.
You will quickly become the ‘go-to guitarist’ when it’s time to accompany singers and instrumentalists
Here’s What You Get:
- 106 Pages of rhythm guitar essentials stuffed with over 200 individually recorded examples – Learn to add exciting lead fills based around essential chord shapes.
- A complete course in rhythm guitar mastery – From simple scales to advanced lead guitar licks that teach you to play professional-sounding rhythm guitar: effortlessly.
- Detailed discussion of scale choice, fitting licks around chords, stylistics and genre.
- Complete solo rhythm studies that let you create real music from the concepts covered.
- Every essential chord, technique, scale, lick, fill, and trick to get you playing the right way as quickly as possible.
- Learn to combine sequences of chords and fills to effortlessly create your own musical rhythm guitar parts
- Discussion and breakdown of accompanying vocalists and playing in a strip
Learn Martin Taylor’s Jazz Guitar Solos on Classic Standards
Are you struggling to play complete guitar solos on jazz standards?
Do you want to progress from playing “just licks” to developing long, meaningful solos that tell a story?
Are you stuck trying to solo over longer combinations of common jazz guitar chord changes?
In his new book, Jazz Guitar Soloing Etudes, Martin Taylor presents 12 beautifully crafted jazz guitar etudes, rich with authentic jazz language, that tackle the most popular jazz standards.
Master jazz guitar by going straight to the source!
- You’ll quickly master engaging melodic solos over multiple choruses
- You’ll learn long-form jazz vocabulary that goes way beyond scales and arpeggios
- You’ll discover how to grow long, improvised guitar solos that grow organically
- You’ll tell your own musical guitar soloing story that connects with the melody of the tune
Accelerated learning for the jazz guitarist
Learning Martin Taylor’s original solos is like taking a conversation class when studying a new language. You’ll start with a small seed of an idea inspired by the song’s melody, then naturally develop it into longer, more complex musical guitar solo. Instead of just playing licks, you’ll learn to develop an actual musical conversation that always links back to the source.
These 12 etudes have been carefully crafted to help you progress beyond predictable scales and exercises into playing actual music. Together, they cover virtually every essential chord progression in modern jazz and accelerate your progress as you learn to build solos that will keep your listeners engaged.
Martin Taylor’s actual jazz guitar solos over these essential standards
- All the Things You Are
- Softly as in a Morning Sunrise
- Blue Moon
- Blue Bossa
- Jazz Blues
- The Rhythm Changes
- Jersey Bounce
- How High the Moon
- Georgia on My Mind
- On Green Dolphin Street
These etudes will help you to internalise the language of jazz guitar soloing. It’s time to throw away the complex theory books and lick encyclopaedias and master the actual craft of soloing.
You’ll can even download Martin’s own live recordings of his solos along with twelve original backing tracks!
Martin Taylor’s Jazz Guitar Soloing Etudes – Here’s What You Get:
- Multiple chorus of solos on essential jazz standards, fully transcribed with notation and tab
- A masterclass in developing motifs and perfect phrasing across a whole solo
- Learn the essential rhythmic language for authentic jazz soloing
- Live recorded audio examples and backing tracks by Martin Taylor
This book distils 50 years of virtuosic playing experience into direct jazz guitar vocabulary and feel to help you take a massive step forward in your musical development.
If you’re ready to discover the most direct route to authentic jazz guitar soloing, without all the distracting theory – buy it now.