Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
Customers Also Bought Items By
Discover the ease and versatility of cast iron cooking for beginners
The heavy-duty cast iron skillet is the toughest, most versatile pan in your kitchen. Its range is virtually unlimited―from a perfectly fried egg to a crisp-bottom apple pie. This beginner-friendly cookbook is your all-in-one guide to getting the most out of one of the oldest, most resilient pieces of kitchen equipment.
Along with dozens of one-pan recipes and helpful tips, this cookbook teaches you how to clean and care for your skillet. From seasoning and heating the pan to companion tools you’ll want to have, you’ll be ready to wow family and friends as you cook up delicious dishes with ease. What’s more, if you give it the proper care, your cast iron skillet will last a lifetime.
This cast iron cookbook features:
- 100 one-pan recipes―All of the recipes in this cookbook require just one skillet and use ingredients commonly found at most grocery stores.
- More than just meat―Cook what’s fresh and in season with the dozens of vegetarian recipes that are sure to satisfy.
- Dos and don’ts―Learn all the rules for mastering your skillet, from keeping it completely oiled to never putting it in the dishwasher.
If you’ve been looking for a cast iron-focused cookbook that’s easy to follow, this is the one for you.
Timeless Southern Favorites, Classic Cast Iron Cooking
There is nothing more American than southern cuisine cooked in cast iron. From fried grits and biscuits with gravy to chicken fried steak and gumbo, The Southern Cast Iron Cookbook takes you on a tasteful tour of the south.
Never cooked with cast iron? The Southern Cast Iron Cookbook shows you everything you need to know. Discover how simple proper seasoning really is. Get tips for restoring old or heirloom cookware. Learn maintenance tricks that ensure your cast iron will last a lifetime.
The Southern Cast Iron Cookbook includes:
- 100 American Favorites—Learn to cook up beloved southern staples in over 7 chapters—breakfast, bread and biscuits, fixin’s, seafood, poultry, meat, and dessert.
- Recipes for Every Kitchen—This cast iron cookbook keeps it simple with recipes that only call for a small selection of cast iron cookware.
- Caring for Cast Iron—Keep your cookware in perfect condition with the help of detailed guides on seasoning, maintaining, and restoring cast iron.
Bring real southern tastes home with The Southern Cast Iron Cookbook.
The ultimate cast iron cookbook—make the most of your favorite skillet
Discover the range of flavors you can unleash when you cook with cast iron. This cast iron cookbook is a must-have for unlocking the full potential of your skillet, featuring guidance on getting started and more than 100 recipes perfectly suited for home cooks of all skill levels.
Learn how to pick the right skillet for you, along with how to properly season, clean, and even rescue a rusty cast iron skillet. This cast iron cookbook includes recipes for everything from cornbread and grilled sandwiches to pizza, dips, and gluten-free and vegetarian-friendly dishes.
- Cast iron care—Get the info you need to season your skillet and ensure it keeps its quality—even if this is your first piece of cast iron.
- 150 Skillet recipes—Discover a diverse range of easy-to-cook dishes for every meal, with simple recipes that show you innovative ways to put your cast iron skillet to work.
- Pro tips—Pick the perfect recipe with labels that call out dishes that are extra easy, gluten-free, vegan, and more—with creative tips for recipe variations.
Experience what your skillet can do for you—this cast iron cookbook that makes it fun and easy.