Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Saura Kline
Saura grew up in Los Angeles, California and has been cooking in a professional kitchen setting for over 10 years. Originally drawn to the beautiful design of wedding cakes, she found her passion creating restaurant quality desserts. Saura has worked in various kitchens around Los Angeles in both savory and pastry positions. Saura now lives in Denver, Colorado with her boyfriend and bull terrier. She currently is the Executive Pastry Chef for a restaurant group in Denver and creates menus and pastries for 3 restaurants. In addition, Saura works as a recipe developer for Yummly.
Saura started a dessert blog in 2017, sweetsaura.com, where she creates and shares her favorite recipes so dessert lovers out there can easily re-create them at home.
Customers Also Bought Items By
Embrace baking on a small scale with perfectly portioned recipes for 2-3 servings
Sometimes we just want to make one (or two) brownies. Enter Small Batch Baking. This indispensable cookbook was created with quick cravings and small dinner parties in mind. Savor fresh, flavorful desserts that make two to three servings per batch.
This easy-to-follow cookbook features:
- 60 sweet and savory recipes—From the buttery comfort of rosemary goat-cheese biscuits to melt-in-your-mouth chai-spiced snickerdoodles, delight in a wide range of recipes that won’t require any complex conversions to produce modest portions.
- Handy hacks and simple staples—Be prepared for when a hankering hits. Learn what you should have on hand in your pantry, and take advantage of trade secrets like using a muffin tin to make mini pies.
- No need for new equipment—You won’t have to purchase any new tools or specialty bakeware. These scaled-down sweets can all be prepared using standard pots and pans.
Easily whip up a modest amount of treats, thanks to Small Batch Baking.
Pie made foolproof—all you knead is love
A warm slice of homemade pie can complete any celebration—but every baker knows that a problematic pie is enough to sour a sweet occasion. This pie cookbook gives you the support you need to start making perfect, homemade pies from scratch.
This pie cookbook gets your dough rolling, complete with step-by-step techniques for mixing, shaping, rolling, and finishing your dough. Refine your pastry base with a fail-safe, flaky, buttery crust recipe—or taste the seasons with 50 creative and classic seasonal pies.
This pie cookbook includes:
- Baked to pie-fection—Get advice in this pie cookbook on fundamental tools, common terms, and pantry essentials—as well as troubleshooting for soggy bottoms, cracked custard, and more.
- Crust you can trust—Achieve the tastiest, flakiest crust with a fail-safe, all-butter recipe, in addition to master recipes for a variety of crusts.
- Year-round yum—Enjoy a slice of every season with this pie cookbook, including beautiful, delicious pies for spring, summer, fall, and winter, as well as pies suitable for any time of year.
Master the art of pie-making and start enjoying a lifetime of fresh, homemade pie with this pie cookbook.
Bake up sweet and savory pies at home with simple recipes
Few things bring people together like a freshly baked pie, whether you’re whipping one up for a family celebration or a date-night treat. No matter your baking skill level, this cookbook makes it easy to create your favorite pies with a collection of tried-and-true recipes for everything from savory pies to fruit pies, nut pies, chocolate pies, and more.
This book of pies includes:
- Pie-baking 101—Learn about essential pie-baking equipment, how to properly execute techniques like cutting in butter and transferring dough to a pie plate, how to beautify your pies, and more.
- Classic and contemporary flavors—Explore a creative range of delightful pies, from the ones you know and love (like All-American Apple Pie) to those destined to become new favorites (like Salted Honey Pie).
- A variety of homemade crusts—Skip store-bought doughs with 6 simple recipes for tasty crusts you can make at home, including an all-butter crust, gluten-free crust, and cookie crust.
Make bakery-quality pies at home with The Essential Pie Cookbook.
Perfect pie-making with a twist—modern takes on sweet and savory classics
There’s no better way to sweeten your day than with a heavenly slice of homemade pie. This pie cookbook modernizes tried-and-true flavors, with inventive recipes that help you make mouthwatering masterpieces.
Inside this pie cookbook, you’ll find everything you need to bake up delightfully imaginative pies: tools of the trade, rolling and decorating techniques, and fundamental ingredients. Explore a refresher on handling dough and blind baking, and avoid pie-making pitfalls with troubleshooting tips. This pie cookbook will get you rolling with recipes for flaky, foolproof crusts. Then, try your hand at deliciously innovative pies such as Maple-Apple Pie with Bacon Streusel, Chocolate and Potato Chip Pie, and Beer Cheese Hand Pie.
This creative pie cookbook includes:
- Easy as pie—Master the basics with a rundown of how to prep your kitchen, including the equipment and pantry essentials you’ll need (no specialty ingredients required).
- Toppings and flavor tips—This pie cookbook will help elevate your pies with embellishments like lattice weaving and cutouts, plus tips on complementing flavors so you can create your own imaginative pies.
- Modernized classics—Enjoy 80 showstopping sweet and savory pies, such as Rhubarb and Chamomile Custard Pie and Mushroom, Leek, and Kale Pot Pie!
This pie cookbook will help you create tasty works of art.