To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. It also analyses reviews to verify trustworthiness.
I love this thing! It makes slicing cheese so much easier. I have a pretty good knife that I was using to slice of cheese. But, it doesn't hold a candle to this cheese slicer. It is nearly effortless to cut the cheese! ( not the stinky kind 😉 ) If the wire doesn't seem to line up, it is a very simple fix. You just pull the slicing arm in or out to line it up. Simple simple simple! The instructions clearly state that it might need adjusted! I think this thing is awesome! I would not hesitate to buy again if I needed a good cheese slicer.
I started buying the big 2lb bricks of cheese from Sam's & wanted something other than a hand-held slicer since I can't cut straight to save my life.
I've used this several times now & these are my impressions thus far:
1. First of all, the wood is REALLY pretty & would be nice if left out during a party / gathering.
2. I'm very glad I watched the manufacturer video on how to gently pull the arm out so the blade aligns with the cutting groove. I actually find myself adjusting the arm periodically so the blade doesn't hit the wood. Not a big deal, just something to note so the blade doesn't snap.
3. I've used this to cut sharp cheddar and colby/jack & the slicer worked well in both. I'm amazed at how paper-thin I can get the cheddar! No way I could do that with a hand-held slicer! Can't wait to try it on softer cheeses too.
4. The little rubber feet on the bottom really help keep the slicer from sliding around. This is crucial, not only from a safety standpoint, but also allows the cuts to be straight & uniform.
5. Cleanning the slicer is generally easy. I just carefully wipe my sponge across the blade and cutting board. Only thing I don't like is trying to clean the cutting groove. Even a cotton swab was too big - so still experimenting on the best method to clean it.
6. To ensure the blade doesn't get pushed up /exposed while storing in the cupboard, I simply placed a big rubberband around the whole arm/cutting board.
Overall, I'm very pleased with my purchase & hope this slicer lasts for years to come. As an added note, I got this slicer from the Amazon Warehouse for half the normal cost & it it has a small scuff mark on the top. Thought I'd mention since I almost passed this cutter by! Always worth checking out those discounted deals...
Hope reading this review helps someone make an informed purchase decision. Please give a click if I've been helpful.
I bought this to cut my cold process soap. I was making smaller batches so I wanted something that was cheap and would have the wire to cut my soaps clean. Since it is not made for soap cutting there is no place for the soap to rest so it does not move while cutting. I have had some uneven bars as first but once I figured out how much pressure I needed to put on the soap to keep it in place it worked great. If using for soap, make sure the soap has hardened a little bit so when putting pressure on the soap, finger prints and dents don't show up. Other than that, this cheese cutter has been a great little tool for cutting soap while I was in the stage of making soap for friends and family before starting my business.
This cheese slicer is great! I have a medical condition which requires me to eat a lot of cheese (sounds great, right?) This is one of the few Amazon products that's EXACTLY as advertised.
I do have some notes to help you: 1) The video is correct - the blade ships with the end slightly mis-aligned. However, just follow the instructions to re-align it. 2) When cutting thru cheese, the handle makes a slight "clacking" sound when you're finished slicing. However, this doesn't seem to affect the performance. 3) Easy to clean - I just use a wet paper towel.
As you can see from the photo my cheese board is not holding up very well. I clean it with warm soapy water every time I use it, dry it completely and put it up. Over time, which again has only been a few months, its peeling and fading. Weird. Anyway, looking at other options, brands and will throw this one out. Don't waste your money on this one, keep shopping.
This product came to delivered to me with a defect or a design flaw either way its been rendered useless the problem is the cutting wire does not line up with the cut out on the board that the wire lays into so when you push down to slice the wire misses the trench and doesnt cut the piece completely forcing you to tear the edge and that then defeats the purpose of owning one of these