To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. It also analyses reviews to verify trustworthiness.
1. MY HAIR I have oily roots + dry hair, and at times, there's some buildup on my scalp. I've been researching a lot about shampoos and conditioners and what is the best way to take care of my hair.
2. INITIAL THOUGHTS This is an incredible shampoo + its accompanying conditioner, it cleans my scalp and leaves my hair really soft. Usually, the day I shampoo, my hair is quite dry and is a mess but the next day my hair starts looking better. It leaves hair soft and clean for a long time. With other shampoos, I felt my hair was always 'heavy' and dull but not with this. You can probably go without shampooing for a few days. This shampoo contains COCO-BETAINE, which is a gentle cleanser.
3. BE CAREFUL THOUGH - THE SHAMPOO
I've been reading about sulfates and silicones in shampoos/conditioners and how people are avoiding these harsh ingredients and reaching for sulfate-free and silicone-free products. Even though this product is silicone-free, it still has SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, which, you guessed it right, is a sulfate. (See the picture I've attached).
4. BE CAREFUL THOUGH - THE CONDITIONER The accompanying conditioner contains ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL, which is a drying alcohol one should avoid. It also contains CETEARYL ALCOHOL, which is good moisturizing alcohol. (See the picture I've attached).
After using this product for a few weeks, I think what's happening is that it's drying out my scalp a bit and because of that, my scalp is producing natural oil to compensate, which is leading to build up and more oily-ness on my scalp.
5. YOU DO YOU These points may not be valid to you if you don't care much about ingredients and this product is working well for you. I just wanted to give a summary of how I've started to read labels and how I choose products.
6. HELPFUL INFO There are also some brilliant concepts like CO-WASHING (sulfate-free conditioner-washing) and LOW-POO (using gentle, sulfate-free shampoo), you can Google more about these. These methods have changed people's hair for the better and they even claimed their hair does not flake, itch, or get oily as it did before.
I would rate it slightly above other shampoos for oily hair. I didn't notice a huge difference, but to be fair, I have only used it a few times so far. I wash my hair daily, and I felt as if I could go maybe a day and a half, as my hair didn't look as weighed down as it normally does in the mornings before I wash it. This may be due to the fact that I am using a new shampoo though, as sometimes when doing so, I get a good result in the beginning, but then it ends up being the same as all the others. I'll keep you updated if things change.
Overall a good product, I bought my first bottle at a local store but found it to be cheaper here. I have very oily roots ( needs to be washed every day or I look like an oil slick) and this has definitely helped me extend to washing every other day and sometimes two days between washing if I’m just staying around the house and not seeing people. Lol
I was hoping to see a bigger stretch between washings but I’ll survive with every other day and see if maybe with consistent use if my hair adapts and lasts longer.
This is a decent shampoo and conditioner set. My hair is always so soft and clean after using it to wash my hair. I recently switched to the curly girl method which means I can no longer use this set but I always liked the way my hair felt after washing with this shampoo and conditioner. It smells nice as well.
Not sure how the product is but I bought a shampoo and conditioner and received two shampoos. Then there is a sticker claiming the other is a conditioner. But when u squirt out the product both are the same (shampoo). Hopefully it works well because I have two bottles now.
My daughter has oily hair so we decided to try out this shampoo for her and it has worked great. Her hair looks so much fuller and healthier and smells wonderful. It’s much more affordable than other shampoos for oily hair so this mom is very pleased.
For soft, long-lasting freshness, yummy smelling, and smooth hair use this shampoo!
I have very thin, straight hair. I was originally using olive oil shampoo and conditioner; however, I still had to wash my hair every other day or I'd feel disgusting. Using this L'Oréal shampoo, paired with its conditioner, I am able to go at least three days without washing it. It also is good smelling, less tangly, and prolongs split ends!
The only bad thing is that it has sulfates, so isn't color-safe.
Helps with some of the oil in my roots. Have to use it every morning. Definitely dries out the ends so you’ll need a good conditioner for the ends. Doesn’t help as much as I would’ve hoped, but will continue to use it, best thing I’ve found so far.