Top critical review
Not worth the price. Regrettable purchase.
Reviewed in Australia on 11 August 2021
The product seemed like a good purchase but let' me go through it in detail so you can understand and don't make the same mistake as me.
1. The camera cannot move using your phone. Something my $50 one could do. So you have to go into the room to adjust.
2. The AI is amateurish at best. If your babies head moves it triggers a 'the baby rolled over or face was covered' notification. I literally get this over 8-10 times a night and freak out only to find my baby perfectly still. The reason the AI is bad is because it's trying to detect facial movements and doesn't connect that with body movements.
3. It has a feature that takes snaps a photo of your baby during the night, besides doing a montage of growth it's kinda useless. What's worse is that you get a notification through the middle of the night.
4. Connecting it to wifi is troublesome as others have mentioned. If your internet goes down you have to go into the babies room, open up a QR code and stand next to the camera for what seems forever all while not waking your baby.
5. The danger zone setup for the cot is another piece of the software that is annoying. You draw a line on the edge of the cot and if something crosses it the alarm will go off. Again, lot of inaccurate notifications because my babies hand reaches the line when it's sleeping because she stretches out. So I binned that one.
6. It sends you a notification when your baby is put into the cot and taken out. So you put your baby in and your phone's notifications are going off as you try to settle bub. Again, pointless.
The worst part is the two different products they offer. One is a cheaper wall mount and another is a plastic stand and a 3 metre cable. I ordered the wrong one and I just asked to pay the difference to get the additional plastic stand. They said I can get from their website for a whopping price of $160.. for a Plastic stand!! Highway robbery.
Someone didn't think it through as the price difference between the other model (which just the same thing but includes the stand) is just $80. Still highway robbery but I confronted them about this and ask to pay the difference. No they didn't want to be helpful so I returned it and got the other one. Turns out it was even on sale so cost me even less.
If you're still reading, get an owlet camera instead. It's half the price and much better. You might even get some sleep.
For Cubo team - maybe do some quality control and user experience testing before charging this price tag.